Discover the collection
Created to illustrate Son Altesse la femme by Octave Uzanne, La Dame au Pantin (Woman with a puppet) is a graphic example of the themes that characterize the work of Félicien Rops (1833-1898). In tune with end of the 19th century anxieties, the artist set out to illustrate female domination through extremely striking images. This dislocated puppet, devoid of any resistance in the woman’s hands, is one of the best examples. The drawing marks a turning point in Rops’s work because it is scattered with symbolic and mythological motifs, thus placing it in the symbolist sphere of influence.
La dame au pantin
The Digital Collection
- Access to high-definition digital artwork (2093x2999px, for private use).
- A high definition subjective view of the artwork to discover it from a different angle (private use) which we called ‘video traveling’.
- Invitation to the Thozée Castle before the summer 2023 for a private talk with Véronique Carpiaux (Curator of the Rops Museum) and Professor Denis Laoureux.
- Exclusive, 20-minute video (in French with EN subtitles) with Véronique Carpiaux (Curator of the Rops Museum) and Laura Debry (Lecturer at the National Superior School of Visual Arts of La Cambre).
- Logion Certificate of the Digital Artwork.
- 80% of the revenues from this collection will be dedicated to funding a portion of the museum’s extension, allowing the ROPS Museum to exhibit more artworks of the Artist as well as offering new spaces to the public.